Are you a proud owner of a cat? Do you have any idea that how to groom your cat with the clippers?
We know that most of you do not know about the ways of keeping the fur and all other body parts of your cat clean and in the right condition. It is essential to groom your feline at least two times a week so that they remain hygienic.
Nowadays, there are lots of groomers for cats present in the market, but most of them charge a very high cost of rendering their services. So, what you can do for saving yourself from such high expenses?
Well! The cheap and easy way is to buy the best cast clippers for grooming from the market. These tools are quite easy to use, and you can use them effortlessly at your home.
But how will you know which cat clipper you should buy?
In the below article, we will provide you with reviews of the eight best cat clippers along with their pros and cons. Besides the reviews, we will also share with you some useful info about the cat clippers that will surely make your buying decision more manageable in the end.
List of 8 Best Cat Clippers for Grooming
After doing an extensive study and in-depth research, we have come across the eight best cat clippers for grooming. In this section, we will provide you the brief introduction about all the products along with their pros and cons, so that you can pick the product that perfectly matches your requirements.
So, let’s have a look!
1. Noiseless Best Cat Clipper – Wahl Professional Animal ARCO Cordless Clipper Kit
It is an incredible cat clipper that is manufactured by the Wahl Company. Any cat owner who wants to groom their cat without spending too much time but with excellent results should buy this product.
It is a powerful and lightweight tool that provides 5500 strokes in one single minute. There is “5 in 1” adjustable blade present in the kit having different sizes.
It runs quite smoothly without creating any noise. You will get uninterrupted cordless functioning with its double-charge packs of battery that runs for 80 minutes. It is a great clipper for trimming and maintaining the face, paws, ears, clean areas and feet of the cats.
The clipper glides over the coats rapidly and efficiently. It needs only 75 minutes to get charged entirely. You get a one-year limited warranty on the product also.
2. Durable Best Cat Clipper – Wahl Professional Animal Bravura Lithium Clipper
It is a perfect combination of durability, power, and innovation. This product comes with the lithium-ion battery along with the modifiable 5-in-1 blade that offers excellent grooming for the cats. It is a lightweight and cordless clipper for cats whose blades can adjust in different sizes according to the required cutting lengths.
The battery of the product is rechargeable, and you can use it cordlessly for 90 minutes without any worries. It runs very smoothly on the fur of the cats without making any noise or high vibration.
The battery of the clipper gets recharged in only 60 minutes. If you have any power source nearby then, you can use it with the cord. It is a perfect tool for grooming the face and feet of the medium size and small size cats. It is 7 inches in length and weighs around 8.8 ounces.
You get a one-year limited warranty on the product by the company. In the packaging of the product, you will get blade set, blade oil, charging stand, six combs, charger, cleaning brush and a storage case.
3. High-Speed Best Cat Clipper – Oster A5 Two Speed Animal Grooming Clipper with Detachable Blade
This cat clipper provides you more strokes in one minute in comparison to the other products which is perfect for grooming the cats.
You get a broader blade for the rapid clipping of the cat’s fur. Heavy duty and powerful motor of the clipper offers two modes of speed, i.e., 4000 SPM and 3000 SPM.
The detachable A5 blade structure lets you change the blade fast and stress-free. In the packaging of the product, you get removable #10 CryogenX blade, clipper grease, blade oil, replacement carbon brushes and cleaning brush.
The wider clipper moves smoothly on the rough, matted and thick hair of the cats. Its motor runs very quietly so that the cat can enjoy the grooming session more pleasantly.
You get two speeds in the Clippers for the ultimate flexibility. You can use the low rate for the precision with silent performance in the sensitive parts of the cats, whereas the high speed supplies full power for quicker trims as well as complete body trimming.
4.Best Cordless Cat Clipper – Oster Volt Cordless Pet Clippers with Detachable Lithium-Ion Battery
The “Oster” Company have introduced this cat clipper in the market with the cordless design. It is beneficial for grooming pets like cats. The single-speed motor of the product offers 2400 SPM speed that efficiently cuts over the tangled fur.
You can recharge its lithium-ion battery whenever required. However, the battery quickly runs for 2 hours continuously and might be effortlessly exchanged out for lengthy sessions of cat grooming.
It is compatible with the entire detachable blades of the Oster, comprising wide blades. Thus, you can pick the blades that suit the needs of your cat correctly.
The design of the product is high torque shaped. The lower speeds of the blades let them remain cooler for, the lengthier period. It can use by the beginners as well as the professional users. The additional batteries of the product are sold separately in the market.
5. Best Heavy Duty Cat Clipper – Wahl Home Pet Pro-Series Complete Pet Clipper Kit
It is one more cat clipper from the “Wahl” that used for the medium, fine and double clipping of the cat’s coat. You can use it for small to medium size cats. You can use it for touching up or trimming the cat’s fur with or without the cord. It is a complete grooming tool for the feline.
The lithium-ion battery also gets recharged quickly. It is a heavy-duty product that offers high performance while using. The blades are specially intended for animal hair
“Wahl” is a renowned and famous brand among the professionals for the grooming services.
The blades of this high-quality product have a self-sharpening feature that makes your work easier. Its body also made from the high-quality material that allows you to use it for the longest time. You can detach its blades for cleaning the product quickly. Its powerful motor lets you cut the thickest coats of the cat soon.
6. Best Long Hair Cat Clipper – Furminator Short or Long Hair deShedding Tool for Cats
It is a 2.65 inches long stainless steel product that has a deShedding edge that quickly reaches the topcoat for effortlessly and securely removing the loose hair. You can also use it for the undercoat.
A button provided on the clipper that releases the cat’s fur with comfort. The design of the handle is ergonomic so that you can use it comfortably on the hair of the pet. It removes the hair without cutting the skin and damaging the coat of the feline.
It is the best tool for the large size cats that have long hairs of around 2 inches and weighs more than 10 pounds. The tool helps you in decreasing the shedding of the hair by 90 % so that you can get your home happy with your cat. After using this product, you can see that the coat of your cat becomes more beautiful and healthy.
7. Best de-shedding Cat Clipper – Perfect Cat Grooming Arch with Bag of Catnip
It is an all-in-one product that is a massager as well as a self-groomer for the cat. It is a useful product for all those cats that have excessive shedding issues.
Your cat will surely enjoy the bristles of the product as it seems like taking a massage. Its carpet pad is stress-free to clean.
It is a perfect cat clipper for the grooming of the feline that brushes out their fur quickly. The length of the product is 14.5 inches. The curved wire brush induces your cat with its massage-similar abilities like nudging and rubbing.
It brushes out the extra hair of the cats and also keeps them safe from tangling. It’s the best pet vacuums, the cleaning of this hands-free tool is effortless as you can vacuum it like the carpet.
8. Best Natural Cat Clipper – SmartyKat Brush Up Cat Grooming Post
It is the last product on our list of best cat clippers. It is a grooming post for the cats that helps them in brushing up their body quickly. The bristles on the support made from the excellent rubber material that eradicates the loose fur. It is one of the best useful and natural one-stop grooming tools.
Your cat will surely love to rub its body against the upright post. The size of the tool is 6.2 x 6 x 14.5 inches, and it weighs around 3.85 pounds. It made from the firm and sturdy materials. The customer care service team of the product is also very responsive and helpful.
- It brushes the body of the cats quickly
- The bristles of the post made from high-quality material that does not hurt the cats
- It is a natural way to groom the cat without making them annoyed
- The after sales service of the product is quite good
What Are The Excellent Grooming Practices For The Cat?
Cats are quite specific about their hygiene, but still, they always give you some hint when they get annoyed with your acts. If they are indulging themselves in some grooming session then, you should never disturb them. You can disrupt your cat when they are relaxing after eating their meal.
On the other hand, if the cat is showing you the signs of annoyance on your act then, the best thing is to end it to stop the worse from occurring. If you want to include some activity in the daily regime of the cat then, do it slowly so that they can get used to it.
Following are the few good grooming practices that you should do for your four-legged companion:
- Brushing (fur): It is one of the standard grooming practices that eliminate dust, disperse natural oils in the coat, avoids tangles and makes the skin clean. Cats with the short hair merely require brushing one time in a week. However, long-haired feline needs daily.
- Bathing: Cat takes a bath on its numerous times in a day, however providing them the scrub is also a good thing. Scrubbing or proper bathing is also desirable if the cat immerses themselves in some tacky or stinking water.
- Nail Clipping: Nail clipping is a very tough practice for grooming cats. If you don’t do it in the right way then, this can make the cat irritated and annoyed. It is a good idea to make your cat comfortable before beginning this practice.
- Brushing (teeth) : Brushing the teeth is vital to make the cat’s gums healthy so that their teeth remain clean and sharp. Any harm to the feline’s teeth, gums, or palate can cause severe health risks. But with the regular brushing, you can avoid it.
- Ear care: There is an outstanding quality of hearing in the cat. With the help of the regular check-ups of the ears, you can keep their ears clean and free from the wax, infection or debris.
- Eye care: The right vision of the eyes benefits the cats in catching any early warnings of the problem. A vet needed for curing the inflammation, cloudiness, tearing, or crust in the eyes of the cats.
Few Essential Grooming Tools for Cats
You should always keep all the grooming tools of your feline in one big container or a box. It will save lots of time while searching for the tools here and there.
But do you have any idea that which are the essential grooming tools for the cat? No?
Then, you should read the below list of things that must be present in the grooming toolkit of the cat for sure:
- Nail clippers or scissors
- Styptic gels or powders
- Shedding tools
- Water pitcher
- Baby wipes
How to Choose the Best Cat Clippers?
There are various important things that you should keep in mind while picking the best cat clippers from the market:
- You should choose the clipper that specially designed for the cat’s breed
- The tool should make very less noise at the time of usage
- It should possess a comfortable grip, ergonomic shape, and come with the less weight so that you do not feel the strain on the elbow or wrist
- The battery-operated clipper must originate with the longer battery life
- The housing of the tool must be break-resistant so that it does not damage after falling off accidentally
- It should be maintenance-free, i.e., the device does not need any oiling of inner parts
- The speed of the clipping must be high, and that is only possible of the motor is powerful and fast
- The unit should cool down instantly without getting too much hot during the usage process
- The blades of the clipper must be chemical resistant, rust free and detachable
- If you are a beginner then, you should buy a single-speed cat clipper as it does not get up heated fast. The advanced users must purchase an adjustable speed clipper that is useful and strong for cutting the thick fur of the cat.
- The cordless clipper used for the place that does not have any power outlets. Such tools can use outside your home.
How to Get Cats to Stop Shedding?
Some cat owners find the hair of the cats on their clothes, on the furniture, mattresses or everywhere around the home. All of us love our feline, but shedding problem in the cats is quite annoying. In the warm weather, the issue of shedding increases. However, by following the below tips, you can stop the cat from shedding the hair:
You should brush the fur of your cat regularly as it is one of the effective methods to decrease the shedding hair in cats. It benefits from collecting the coat before their falling. The cats that have long or medium hair, a slicker brush will work the best, and for the short hair feline, the dual-sided brush is beneficial.
You must bath your feline at least one time in a month. We know that cat does not enjoy the bath from someone else but bathing them with your own hands will eliminate the undercoat and excessive hair quickly.
Try to change the diet of your pet as for getting a healthy body the feline needs and omega-rich and a balanced diet. There are numerous options of foods available in the market that has a well-adjusted proportion of omega-six as well as three fatty acids which aid in promoting healthy fur and stops the shedding.
The cats should stay hydrated. It is true that the cat does not consume much water and this makes their coat and skin dry which ultimately leads to the hair shedding. Thus, you should provide them a bowl full of cold and freshwater to drink.
Everybody needs privacy including a feline. You should provide the cat with an area where it feels like home. If you have a shortage of space then, at least give them a comfortable bed for sleeping and enjoying their leisure time.
Can We Use the Human Clippers For Cats?
No, you cannot use the human clippers for cats as few things make it a bad idea:
- The human clippers quickly get warm in comparison to the cat clippers
- Human clippers make lots of noise and vibration at the time of usage which can irritate the cats
- The density of the human hair is less than the fur of the cats, and thus it is not a right tool for the feline
Tips on How to Use the Best Cat Clippers?
The following tips will help you in making the best use of the cat clippers:
- All the tools must place within your reach
- Try to use the blades that are sharp so that it does not pull or tangle the hair at the time of using
- To get the consistent cut, you must use the guide comb so that it does not pinch the cats
- A coolant is helpful for keeping the cat safe from heated blades
- Always wipe off the unnecessary coolant from blades earlier touching the fur
- Check the clipper blades regularly so that they don’t get overheated
- Never use the water for cooling the clipper blades.
Cat clippers are one of the essential grooming tools for the cats that every owner should buy. It is also a cheap alternative against expensive groomer visits. These tools specially designed for tackling the tough tangles and mats of the cats.
In the above buying guide, we have reviewed the eight best cat clippers, and all of them are best in one or the other way. But if you ask us for our opinion then, the Wahl Professional Animal ARCO Cordless Clipper Kit has won our hearts. (BUY HERE)
Wahl Professional Animal ARCO Cordless Clipper Kit does not require any extension cord while using on the pets. Due to its cordless feature, you can use it outside your home without creating much mess. There is no need to change the blades as it gets adjusted in different sizes. Due to its soundless functioning, your cat remains calm during the grooming. You get the options of 4 combs and five blades with it. Isn’t it amazing?
Now, it is you who have to decide which best cat clipper suits your budget, needs, and requirements of your cat perfectly. Whichever product you buy from the above list will surely provide you the best results. But, trust us that buying the best cat clippers can make a huge difference in the condition of your feline health and body.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading the above buying guide and now all your queries about the cat clippers also get vanished. If you still have any doubt in your mind about this product then, please write to us in the below comment box. We will reply to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned for more articles on your pets!
Related Buyer’s Guides from eforpets.com
- Best Automatic Cat Feeder Reviews – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Dry Cat Food – Buyer Guide’s
- Best Dry Cat Food 2018 – Buyer Guide’s